Teledentistry at Foothills DentalOffering Remote Appointments to the Taylorsville, Lenoir, & Morganton Communities Request Appointment
What is Teledentistry?
Teledentistry refers to a virtual or online dental appointment that leverages portable devices like smartphones, tablets, PCs, and others to remotely connect patients with their dentists. Thanks to its online nature, this approach enables patients to connect with their dentists from any location with internet access, making it a highly convenient and accessible option for patients seeking dental care.
Teledentistry is great for:
- Dental Emergencies
- General Inquiries
- At-Home Treatments
- 2nd Opinion
- Special Consultations
- Patient Education
Benefits of Teledentistry
Better Access to Proper Care
For patients who are homebound, elderly, or living with disabilities, traveling to a dentist’s office can often be a daunting task. However, with the advent of teledentistry, these barriers are effectively eliminated, as patients can easily connect with their dentists from the comfort of their own homes. By providing remote access to dental professionals, patients can receive expert guidance and advice on their oral health, regardless of their physical limitations.
Reduces Time Away From Activities
Making time to visit the dentist’s office, especially during work hours or important activities, can be an inconvenience. Fortunately, teledentistry provides a practical solution to this problem. Instead of physically going to the dental office for every appointment or concern, teledentistry allows patients to conveniently connect with their dentists from any location, thereby eliminating the need to take time off work or miss important events.
It’s not uncommon to feel apprehensive about visiting the dentist, especially if it’s your first time, you’re taking a child, or you haven’t been in a while. Fortunately, teledentistry provides a way to ease those fears by enabling patients to speak with their dentist from the comfort of their own environment. By doing so, teledentistry can help patients feel more at ease and create a more enjoyable experience, making dental care a lot less daunting.
Why Should You Have a Virtual Appointment?
Accessing your dentist from anywhere is a great benefit that Foothills Dental offers. With teledentistry, you can get the dental help you need without having to drop what you’re doing and head to the dentist’s office. If you find yourself in one of these scenarios, consider booking a virtual appointment:
- Dental Emergencies – This can help provide an initial evaluation of your issue. Some dental emergencies may require further assessment from an in-person visit and while others can be diagnosed through teledentistry.
- Consultations – If you’re trying to figure out the best solution for your dental needs, booking a consultation through a virtual appointment is an excellent way to go. This way you can talk to more dentists in a shorter amount of time and without having to travel all over the place.
- Second Opinions – Some dental diagnoses can be serious, and you want to ensure you get the proper care. A virtual dentist can help evaluate the prognosis and either give you confirmation or an alternative.
- Dental Anxiety – About 36% of the population has dental anxiety and 12% have it extreme anxiety about going to the dentist. If you suffer from this, then teledentistry is a great option for you. Being able to talk with your dentist about your concerns & treatment options from your own comfort zone before going into the office, can help ease your mind.
If your situation fits into any of these categories, book an online dental appointment with Foothills Dental today! We offer top-of-the-line teledentistry services to help bring your peace of mind about your dental needs from anywhere.
Easy Prep for Your Online Dental Appointment
When you do book an online appointment, here are a few tips to ensure everything goes smoothly:
- Find somewhere quiet to have your appointment – To ensure an accurate diagnosis during your teledentistry appointment, it is crucial to be in a private, well-lit area with minimal distractions. By doing so, the dentist will be able to see and hear you clearly, enabling them to provide the correct diagnosis and treatment plan for your oral health needs.
- Have any notes or questions you have ready – Taking the time to jot down any concerns or questions you have before your teledentistry appointment is an excellent idea. Doing so will not only help you remember everything you wanted to discuss, but it also allows you to take note of the dentist’s advice, ensuring that you have a record of the recommended treatment plan for your oral health.
- Make sure your device is ready – Foothills’s teledentistry appointments are designed to be compatible with most devices. However, it is still essential to ensure that your device is fully charged and up to date to optimize your experience during the appointment.
- Try to connect a little early – To avoid any potential last-minute issues during your online dentist appointment, it is recommended to join the call approximately 5-10 minutes early. This provides enough time to troubleshoot any connectivity issues or technical difficulties that may arise.
A healthy smile is just a click away
“Great Dentist! Love this place and Mary Huffman. Very thorough and professional.”
“Was nervous about the procedure, but the staff took time to explain and answered my questions and made changes to make me feel comfortable.”
“Great people, super service, no waiting for an appointment. Needed an extraction, had x-rays tooth out quickly. I usually don’t like dentists but these folks are wonderful.”
“I highly recommend Dr. Huffman and her staff. Everyone is so friendly. I was a little nervous since it had been a while since I had been to the dentist. They assured me they would take great care of me. It was a great visit… I will be going back next week for some dental work.”
“The staff were great. Very friendly and professional. Usually am nervous at thought of having to go to the dentist but they make you feel at ease and comfortable. The facility is very clean and pleasant. Seems homier than just a sterile environment to put you more at ease. The dentist explained very thoroughly what was going on with my teeth. Appreciated that very much. I would recommend anyone to go to this dentistry with teeth issues.”